How Do You Get Someone Out of Plano Jail on a DWI?

Criminal Defense Lawyer | DWI, Drug, Theft & Assault Charges

By Collin County Criminal Defense attorney Jeremy Rosenthal

(214) 724-7065  24-hour line

(972) 369-0577   office line

Getting someone out of jail is a two-step process.  A bond (amount of money paid to the County to secure the release of an arrested person) must (1) be set; (2) and then paid or otherwise satisfied.

Bond can be set one of two ways in Plano, Collin County, for a first, second, or DWI over 0.15 arrest:

1.  Writ Bond

Collin County has a process described as a writ bond as a way to release people from jail without having physically appearing before a magistrate judge.  This is a writ of habeas corpus filed by an attorney on behalf of the accused which triggers an instant cash bond with the county.

Once the bond is paid, the person is released (assuming they have no other holds or unaddressed charges pending).


View original post 445 more words

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: