By Collin County Criminal Defense Lawyer Jeremy Rosenthal
(214) 724-7065 (24 hour number)
Juvenile arrests in Texas (children younger than 17 years of age) are different from adult arrests.
The Immediate Determination
A Judge or “other authorized officer” makes an immediate determination as to weather the child should be detained under factors which include;
(1) whether or not the juvenile is likely to abscond,
(2) the degree of parental supervision at home,
(3) whether a firearm was involved,
(4) and the likelihood of re-offending if released.
For more specifics, you can read Tex.Fam.C. 53.02.
After the Immediate Determination
If it is determined that the child should be detained under 53.02, then “not after the second working…
View original post 209 more words