Can I Serve My Child Alcohol in Texas?

By Collin County Criminal Lawyer Jeremy Rosenthal

(972) 369-0577

Texas Alcoholic Beverage Code Section 106.104 makes it a criminal offense for a minor to consume alcohol.  The minor, however, has an affirmative defense if the alcohol is consumed in the visible presence of the minor’s adult parent, guardian, or spouse.

“Minor in consumption” is a class c misdemeanor carrying a maximum fine of $500.  Additionally, there are several ways to become eligible for expunction following a Minor in Consumption arrest.”

*Jeremy Rosenthal is an attorney licensed to practice in the State of Texas.  Nothing in this article is intended to be legal advice.  For legal advice about any situation you should contact an attorney.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: