By Dallas and Collin County Criminal Defense Lawyer Jeremy Rosenthal
(214) 724-7065 (jail release number)
There are several steps to take to get a loved one out of the Plano or Frisco City Jail.
1. Determine what all of the charges against the person are. Each charge is like an individual knot that has to be untied to get the person out of jail.
2. Determine if bond has already been set for the charge(s).
3. If bonds have been set for all of the pending charges, then you can either pay the bond to get them out or go to a bail bond company (if the bond is too high) so they can act as a surety on the bond.
4. If bond has not been set, and the charge is a class A or B misdemeanor, then a writ bond may be appropriate.
5. If bond has not been set, and the charge is a felony, your loved one will have to wait to be arraigned by a magistrate judge. Texas Law provides this must be done within 48 hours of arrest.
*Jeremy Rosenthal is an attorney licensed to practice in the State of Texas. Nothing in this article is intended to be legal advice. For legal advice about any situation, you should contact an attorney directly.